Lauren Grove has her hand on the pulse of the wedding industry. The “5 Things Brides Really Want” will help you shine as a wedding vendor and give your bride exactly what she wants…the best experience as she plans the most important day of her life.
I’m sure it’s crossed your mind before… what do brides really want? Right off the bat, the answer seems easy, right? Maybe it is, but maybe for some of you, it isn’t. You see, brides today are different. Liene Stevens of Think Splendid refers to brides today as “millennials“. I totally and completely resonate with everything that a millennial is- because I am one. Ironically, the best (and of course my favorite) brides that I ever worked with were also millennials. So to answer the question of what today’s bride really wants, I just had to ask myself what I would want if I were planning my wedding right now…
1. A connection with vendors. The best weddings are always those in which the brides have a good relationship with their vendors. It’s just the honest truth. Many brides know that when they’re meeting with potential vendors, they need to have a good connection with them. When you have that good connection with a bride, they will completely trust what you recommend for them. They want to feel like their wedding is important to you. They feel utterly comfortable around you on the day of their wedding. In fact, many of today’s brides consider their vendors as friends after the wedding. THAT is the product of an excellent relationship… and that’s what most brides ultimately want.
3. Great quality. More and more brides are leaning the importance of great quality. It’s crucial to let them know that they will indeed be receiving that great quality for their own wedding. It reassures them that they have made an investment in hiring YOU.
2. Efficient communication. It’s true- communication is HUGE when working with brides. Especially with today’s brides. This IS 2012 after all- email, texting, and social media are main forms of communication for many brides. It’s all about fast, efficient responses. Of course we all know that it’s impossible to respond right away to every single email, text, phone call, etc… and sometimes brides need this reminder. But remember, efficient communication is incredibly important to brides, so try to put it at the forefront of your mind!
4. Knowledge of today’s wedding trends. You better believe that today’s brides are ON TOP of today’s wedding trends. Sometimes a little too much, and sometimes not quite enough. I’ve seen everything from trend overload, to brides wanting what was popular years ago. But ultimately, as a wedding professional, you are expected to know what’s popular, what’s out, and most importantly, what’s going to be BEST for your bride. It doesn’t matter if you’re a DJ, a caterer, or a wedding planner- brides are going to turn to YOU to guide them in their decisions.Whether they want to actually do what’s popular right now or stray away from it, you need to stay on top of things in the wedding industry so you can guide them in the right direction!
5. A wedding that reflects THEM. Ultimately, couples today want a wedding that is going to reflect THEM. They usually have a few ideas in their head already about what they want, and they really just want their vendors to be on the same page and be able to make it happen. They want their weddings to reflect their personalities and their relationship. As a wedding blogger, I absolutely LOVE to hearing that! So in addition to everything that I’ve already mentioned above, you most definitely want to do what you can to make sure their wedding is what they’re envisioning!
Of course I could go on and on and on about each one of these things, but for the purposes of today’s post, you get the Reader’s Digest version. Stick to fulfilling all of the above for your brides, and you’ll be well on your way to making “millennial” brides happy! Is there anything else you all would care to add about what today’s brides want?
Photo by Caroline & Evan Photography